Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Upon the visit of the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, included but not limited to the information about your web browser, IP address, time zone and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. In addition, we collect information about the individual webpages or products that you view, websites or search terms referred you to the Site.
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for, without limitation:
1. Fulfil any orders placed through the Site including but not limited to processing payment information, arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations
2. Identifying you and any accounts you hold with us;
3. Enabling the provision of the Services to you;
4. Conducting identity verification and/or credit checks;
5. Processing applications or renewal applications for our business partners’ products and services, including without limitation insurance and financial products, on your behalf;
6. Processing insurance claims for our business partners’ products and services, on your behalf;
7. Processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services;
8. Order processing, billing and fulfilment;
9. Enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product;
10. Direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below);
11. Direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners (see section “Direct Marketing” below);
12. Designing services for you;
13. Conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
14. Conducting program viewership survey and analysis;
15. Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
16. Enabling you to participate in interactive features of our service, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your shopping experience, when you choose to do so;
17. Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them;
18. Customising the Site and its content to your particular preferences
19. Provisioning of customer services;
20. Handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party;
21. Fraud prevention and detection;
22. Auditing purposes;
23. Making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations;
24. Any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
Types of Personal Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device;
- Telephone numbers and email addresses contained in your phone book, when you choose to participate in interactive features of our service. In this case, we will have informed you when you access our service and by providing that data to us you agree that you have obtained consent from those individuals in the phone books.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security of Personal Data
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
1. Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
2. Company’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
3. Company’s business partners including without limitation insurance companies who assess and/or process insurance applications, renewal applications, insurance claims and settlements, provide insurance services for you and/or handle enquiries or complaints
4. Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
5. Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside Hong Kong
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
Retention of Personal Data
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard. Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
From time to time, the Company may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, in-app notifications, social media, text/picture/video message or mail. Your name, email address, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviours, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the following products or services offered by the Company’s business partners or the registered merchants of our Company, including without limitation: food and beverages, groceries, household products, personal care and health, skincare and makeup, maternity and baby, pets, electrical appliances, houseware and furniture, dining and lifestyle, sports and travel, toys and books, telecommunications, media and entertainment, fashion and insurance and financial products, which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or a unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
1. recognise you whenever you visit this Site
2. obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviour, online movements and use of the Internet
3. keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
4. carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
5. target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
6. make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
7. enable tighter security
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track Signal from your browser.
Data Access and Correction